You need to enable JavaScript to run this app.

Skip to main content

RE: Route Development | Network Expansion & New Services
(29 Dec 2021, 9:40 pm)Dan wrote I’m not sure why you’re so intent on making this about me? Feels like there may be a personal issue here? FYI - I didn’t sell any £8.50 tickets on Boxing Day (nor did I ever claim to!)

On a personal level (and I will split this from the GNE thread as it’s off-topic), I was surprised to see such startling price differences between the 308 and (presumably) the rest of the services which run between Newcastle and Blyth. It’s crazy that all these services take a broadly similar time to go end to end, and yet an end to end single on the X10 for example costs more than a day ticket on the 308.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm not sure why your surprised it's no different to the fact that every other service in the Birtley / Chester Le Street area, pretty much, costs more than the 21 for a similar distance and I'm not sure I need to say why but it involves the X12.

The 308 is too cheap imo for the distance travelled similar to most the North Tyne fares which are only like that because in an ideal world half of them wouldn't exist or would be joined together as similar routes. 306/310, 308/309, 1/22, 1/306, 19/57/57A in particular.

£6.40 for a day ticket from Blyth isn't exactly much difference to £6 from Consett for example.

Interestingly there now appears to be 12 day bundles available to be used at £4.83 a day which must be used within 30 days - https://www.arrivabus.co.uk/buy-tickets/...one/ane016. First I'm aware of it as I haven't seen it advertised anywhere.

Boxing Day 2021 Services
Boxing Day 2021 Services
RE: Boxing Day 2021 Services
RE: Enviro 400MMC's for the X9 and X10
RE: Route Development | Network Expansion & New Services