You need to enable JavaScript to run this app.

Skip to main content

North East BSIP: £804 Million Pound Plan For North East Buses

North East BSIP: £804 Million Pound Plan For North East Buses

RE: North East BSIP: £804 Million Pound Plan For North East Buses
Whilst in Newcastle this afternoon I was having a think about where a New Bus Station could be positioned, and if space was to be repurposed I think Central Station would be a good shout for a small/medium sized station for services which operate via Central Station. This would mean pick up/drop off zones being moved and road layout changing also.

Highlighted in "Lime Green" we have Clayton Street West, Berwick Street, Neville Street running down onto Collingwood Street which would have traffic in both direction thus eliminating the current one-way system which from what I have seen causing considerable congestion around the Station.

Highlighted in "Blue" we have the new Pick Up/Drop Off zone and Station Taxi rank with further space created by removal of existing bus stops on Neville Street.

Highlighted in "Red" is where the new Bus Station would be positioned with traffic priority in place on exit via Neville Street/Clayton Street West, The new Station would integrate with Local/National Rail Network and I was also thinking of utilising this a Hub for Nat Ex/Megabus/Flixbus and Day Tour Ops to Pick Up with the Nat Ex Coach Station Closing to facilitate for another Pick Up/Drop Off Zone for Central Station. It would also provide a safer space during the evening as current layout leaves you prone to the elements such as bad weather.

In terms of a layout i'd have it the same as Haymarket with it being adjoined onto the current Central Station building if this is possible. 

.jpg City Bus Station.JPG

RE: £804 Million Pound Plan For North East Buses
Ne14ne1
RE: Ne14ne1
Ne14ne1
£804 Million Pound Plan For North East Buses
Ne14ne1