You need to enable JavaScript to run this app.

Skip to main content

Flexility - a Co-Wheels and Go North East partnership

Flexility - a Co-Wheels and Go North East partnership

RE: New branding?
(11 Apr 2022, 10:53 pm)stagecoachbusdepot wrote Flexility - https://www.co-wheels.org.uk/flexility

A pointless initiative that aims to eliminate the need to own a car as you can get a bus to pick up a car in a uselessly limited handful of locations, or drive to catch a bus that might go somewhere near where you want to be, but you probably can't park your hire car anywhere near where it stops.

Personally I didn’t like the idea of introducing yet another card to the mix.
However I do know of several people here in the city who use public transport by default as they don’t have their own car and simply borrow a CoWheels car or van when they need one.
They’re dotted around numerous central and inner city locations here where a greater percentage of residents are unlikely to own their own vehicle. 
I can’t speak for those outside of Newcastle but I definitely think it’s a viable option here as  many high streets have a shared vehicle based  there. 
Will be interesting to see how successful this GNE/Co Wheels Club partnership will be, if figures are released to the public… which will probably only be the case if successful. 

I do think it would’ve been better for the partnership to with NEBus (all operators) & Nexus Metro & Ferry so it could just work through POP cards and therefore open to more people. Maybe something for the future if the current partnership is a hit.

New branding?