You need to enable JavaScript to run this app.

Skip to main content

RE: Most popular GNE route
(25 Apr 2022, 12:32 pm)Drifter60 wrote I suppose the point here is the word ‘most’. I don’t know exact numbers on this, but from the replies in this thread, I’m led to believe that the 26 isn’t as popular as the 50. Some are even suggesting that the 26 could be solo operated - but if it does need a full size single decker - at what point do they say the interworking pattern isn’t appropriate anymore? Would they also give the 204 around Durham, a double decker allocation just because it happened to work timings wise with X5/X15? Seems like a waste of double decker to me.

Lots of cuts/realignment of services could happen over the next few months so it’ll be interesting to see what happens but a standalone 50 (which it used to before?) if the 50 could justify being fully double deckers seems like the right move imo. As mentioned, Percy Main lost a few routes so 26/5 together from there may be an option.

The 26 is busy, but not double decker busy. THe thing is with the 50 it takes like 1 hour and 32 Mins, which for a every 30 mins service is a bit bad. You could just have it operated every 20 mins with Streetlites and the StreetDecks could go on a better route.

You could have the 5&26 operate with possible changeovers with Deptford at Jarrow and South Sheilds

Most popular GNE route