Menu

toward6931   28 Sep 2022, 11:12 pm
(28 Sep 2022, 10:43 pm)Malarkey wrote I think SNE should look at purchasing some Volvo B8RLE MCV Evora's for the E1/E2/E6 and Express Services X47/X77/X78/X82/X87 & X88 as this would release a good number of MAN/ADL E300's to replace older vehicles within the fleet including ALX300's/MAN E200's.

I'd also nab a handful of Optare Solo SR's from other Stagecoach Ops if any are free to operate services 32/32A & 35 releasing some E200's to replace some of MAN E200's across the fleet.

As for Double Deckers I would say services 1, 22 & 38 would be the best candidates whilst also purchasing a handful of Gas examples for the 20 in Sunderland, this would enable release of a large number E400/E400H's to be allocated evenly across other depots such as Stockton which could do with some for their busier boards during peak times.
see I'm not a fan of using minibuses as for northeast they are too limited on what you can use them for. plus, especially now the winter months are approaching.

cold and flu season are approaching and COVID is likely to become yearly thing, the punters are already going back to the old ways with windows being closed on busy services, no social distancing and people coughing and spluttering without covering mouths etc. after last time I would say makes sense where possible to go with bigger vehicles instead of smaller. i know other divisions are actively trying to increase their capacity in case of another outbreak and social distancing comes into force again.