You need to enable JavaScript to run this app.

Skip to main content

RE: GNE Historical eras
(15 Mar 2022, 11:29 am)Ambassador wrote X66 Supershuttle was branded from the early 90s with the Optare Deltas and then the later DAFs - I have in my mind that the Leyland Nationals were in X66 livery too but they may not have been - I couldn't find a pic of one.

I guess there was also Superliner in the early 90s and Expresslink in the late 80s (you could argue they are the 'parents' of what is now X-Lines)

As they are technically owned by Go Ahead - the Low Fell Coaches 'Cross Tyne' service pre-dated most of GNE's efforts

Nah, X66 Supershuttle goes back to the Leyland National days, as the first buses to go on the X66 were Nationals, back then it was just the 66

(12 Aug 2022, 6:38 am)cbma06 wrote Doxford clipper 29/29a/39/39a sequence took over the 135/136/139/140, while the 26/26a/36/36a sequence took over the 126/160/163

The 139/140 circular service was original put on in replace of pte old x14 route between Doxford park moor side to Sunderland via Durham road and replaced service 101 between Sunderland and Grangetown via toward road and extended from Grangetown to Doxford park.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
https://www.flickr.com/photos/kjs251/500...d6-2njXVGh

GNE Historical eras