You need to enable JavaScript to run this app.

Skip to main content

North East Bus & Coach Show 2023

RE: North East Bus & Coach Show 2023
(08 May 2023, 11:18 am)Adrian wrote This is a real issue, and in fact, potentially a safeguarding issue. If you're shuttling people between one place and two others, then for me it's crucial that not only a timetable is in place, but that the last advertised trips are well publicised. 

Having been to many rallies outside of the North East, it's always baffled me why it's so difficult to put a published timetable together. I was over Whitehaven last week and their shuttle service was ran like a military operation. 

If you were helping him, did you not point out the hills were there? I'm sure they've been there for centuries and not just installed last week to kill preserved buses off.

From what I could see from the drone footage on Youtube, there were 20 preserved buses there. Half of them running on the shuttle service would have been almost a half-hourly service between the three points, if it was organised. Why don't you question that, when asking yourself why JH ended up running most of the shuttle services?

As for GNE/Arriva/Stagecoach. I'm not sure what the attraction is in them doing shuttle work, when you can ride on their buses any other day of the week to your heart's content. Surely the point of going to an event is to do something that you can't do every other day.
Right number 1. He decided it no me. So don't go say that I "should have pointed it out". No don't go do that cause tbh it was his idea. I ain't gonna argue or disagree 

2 maybe jh ran more shuttle cause they have "low floor buses to make it easier for more passengers " but no as per we put the blame game on the organiser event. No wonder Metrocentre probably won't happen next year. Neither will any event. Never seen so much hate directed towards a small organisation who runs rallys for the people to see. Only for the higer ups to go complain. Organiser a rally yourself. Its probably harder than any of us thought. Idk how hard it is but you all seem to complain left right and centre. I'm guessing we are all gonna complete forget that a woman in a high vi's yesterday working the X50 completely ruined it for everyone (or are we gonna defend her for shouting at a gne driver)