You need to enable JavaScript to run this app.

Skip to main content

Concerts in Tyne and Wear - Special SF Buses and Metro

Concerts in Tyne and Wear - Special SF Buses and Metro

RE: Concerts in Tyne and Wear - Special SF Buses and Metro
(10 Jun 2023, 10:32 pm)Storx wrote Surely they'll just be waiting to get a reasonable load before taking off, it's all drop off only so no point running the service if there's no-one on.

Are they able to do that with a timetabled service? Remember, the Metro was off for everyone, not just those going to the Sam Fender concert. 

(11 Jun 2023, 9:44 am)Shrek wrote I went to see Kip Moore at the Sage a few weeks ago, he's American but he played the Champions League music before he came out. Most bands I've been to see will do something local to get the crowd going. 

As for which stadium is better for gigs, Newcastle were never interested in them during the Ashley era. Going forward it's likely you'll see a lot more there, not just Sam Fender.

On Nexus, I do think they could have planned this better, but it's an incredibly difficult process with so many people needing to use the network and the limited staff and resources available. They need to learn from this, but from what I've heard from people who were at the gigs at Sunderland and Newcastle last night, it was no worse than normal to get home.

That probably makes the decision to suspend the Metro even more bizarre; and that's before you think what it'll have cost Nexus to do so. As Dan says above though, difficult to quantify how many have went for other options, e.g. Uber/Taxi, private car, etc. Nexus were actually promoting parking in town on the concerts page.
Forum Moderator | Find NEB on facebook

RE: SF3
SF3