You need to enable JavaScript to run this app.

Skip to main content

Nexus Tenders - September 2023 (North Tyneside)

RE: Nexus Tenders - September 2023 (North Tyneside)
(14 Jul 2023, 7:29 pm)L469 YVK wrote I don't know what the third service is, but the 351 & 359 alone are a bit of a waste IMO.

351:
- Can easily be done using a PVR of 2x if Wiltshire Drive missed and limited stop along the Coast Road. Wiltshire Drive picked up commercially instead by another service.

359:
- 354 changed to do NT Hospital loop instead of Cobalt.
- Backworth - Whitley Bay link still there with change at NT Hospital onto 308/309 every 10 minutes.

It's not just the above examples, but there really needs to be a major clean up of the secondary & tendered services across North Tyneside & Newcastle.
No operator is going to provide a Wiltshire Drive to Newcastle service commercially - Arriva have tried it without luck, GNE did previously.

Given the large number of Nexus tendered services in North Tyneside they could tidy them up if they wanted.

(14 Jul 2023, 7:03 pm)Storx wrote Assuming it'll be later if they do, there's nothing for the 352/353 on evenings and Sunday's either and I can't imagine them leaving no bus at all between Cramlington and Killingworth.

I assume that Nexus will negotiate directly with the operators for odd evening and Sunday journey on their services.

RE: Nexus Tenders - September 2023 (North Tyneside)