You need to enable JavaScript to run this app.

Skip to main content

Nexus Tenders - September 2023 (North Tyneside)

RE: Nexus Tenders - September 2023 (North Tyneside)
(14 Jul 2023, 9:07 pm)V514DFT wrote Forest Hall,and Killingworth, the only bus it has to the hospital is the 335, but that takes an almighty tour of North Tyneside before it actually gets to the hospital, and getting a bus to the coast now wont even be a thing when the 54 is gone, those areas once upon a time had the 343/344/355 to the coast and the hospital (excluding the 355), then it was the 17 and 53, then when the 53 was swapped and the 17 was axed, Forest Hall lost its link to the hospital altogether, while Killingworth had the 54, swapping buses isnt an issue if you're 30 like me, but what about the elderly and/or disabled, what about if you're not very good with buses, its like the entire public is expected to have knowledge about every single bus

Honestly can't disagree, there's been some pretty brutal cuts recently mind. I can't say much but one of the routes isn't going to go down well and it's probably not what people expect even known I'm not surprised it's happening either with the budget cuts around.

(14 Jul 2023, 9:17 pm)busmanT wrote No operator is going to provide a Wiltshire Drive to Newcastle service commercially - Arriva have tried it without luck, GNE did previously.

Given the large number of Nexus tendered services in North Tyneside they could tidy them up if they wanted.

I assume that Nexus will negotiate directly with the operators for odd evening and Sunday journey on their services.

Aye possibly, I know the 353 has been subsidised for years, be interesting to see if they bother with the 352 at all as it's not really needed that much.

RE: Nexus Tenders - September 2023 (North Tyneside)