You need to enable JavaScript to run this app.

Skip to main content

Nexus Tenders - September 2023 (North Tyneside)

RE: Nexus Tenders - September 2023 (North Tyneside)
(15 Jul 2023, 6:13 am)Busu284 wrote The Wiltshire Drive is pointless. I've used the 51 through there and the amount of people that use it wouldn't warrant a service every 30 minutes. The 307 would have to be approved for the Coast Road Agreement. If that was the case then the 309 would have to go via Wiltshire Drive as well as part of the agreement. The 41A is the only service I've seen that gets busy through that section. Also how the 22 would work is anyone guess. It doesn't even go anywhere near Wiltshire Drive. The 22 is fine going to Silverlink and Cobalt. And has been since 2015

But people around Wiltshire Drive don't use the 51 as it's too infrequent. They either walk to Station Road and use the 307, 309 or Coast Road / Station Road for them all, or use alternative means of transport. Some people ex Newcastle get off the main services just after the Wills train bridge too.

309 wouldn't need to go via Wiltshire Drive for starters and it's frequent enough to keep a service on Station Road, allowing the 307 to.

To clear your last bit up about the 22, this is what I'd suggest for all the services concerned........

- 22 - Split after Churchill Street, every 20 mins to Silverlink & Cobalt or every 20 minutes to Hadrian Park.

- 307 - Omits Hadrian Park and serves Wiltshire Drive instead.

- 309 - Extra minute between High Farm and Coast Road / Station Road, allowing a 13/7 split with the 307 between Middle Engine Lane and High Farm. 1 minute also removed between New York and NT Hospital ex Newcastle.

- 306/308 - Both get 1 extra minute between Willington Square and Coast Road / Station Road.

- 351 - Omits Wiltshire Drive and after Coast Road / Station Road, operates non-stop to the Civic Centre, St Mary's and Haymarket. Allows service to run standalone with a PVR of 2x if needed.

RE: Nexus Tenders - September 2023 (North Tyneside)