You need to enable JavaScript to run this app.

Skip to main content

Nexus Tenders - September 2023 (North Tyneside)

RE: Nexus Tenders - September 2023 (North Tyneside)
(15 Jul 2023, 6:47 pm)mb134 wrote Sending the Q3 up there would mean a, near enough, 1 hour journey time from Hadrian Park to the city centre. Pretty much double the current time, which I imagine would kill usage. 

It comes back to newer estate developments being pretty horrendous for bus routing. Hadrian Park is a prime example of this, but others include Great Park (both sections, but particularly the part served by the X46)
I think a Q3 and 41/41A merger would be overkill.

The 22 although funded by Cobalt, doesn't justify a 10 minute service to Cobalt.

The point I'm trying to make as a taxpayer, is why is Nexus hellbent on relying on tendered services (hourly should I add), when better value for money could be obtained working in partnetship with operators such as GNE & Stagecoach?

I'll take the argument about previous GNE attempts to serve Wiltshire Drive, but the 'old' 307 was solely dependent on Wiltshire Drive as was the 57/58/311 for Hadrian Park. Re-routing the current 307 would be a totally different ball game altogether with the North Shields - High Farm section and Coast Road / Station Road to Newcastle Haymarket section supporting things.

RE: Nexus Tenders - September 2023 (North Tyneside)