You need to enable JavaScript to run this app.

Skip to main content

RE: Northumbria Minibus Rota
(02 Aug 2023, 10:52 pm)Storx wrote Not sure where to post this so I'll make a new thread but something that's had me curious. If you're set on a board which is meant to be a minibus but instead it's ran by a full size bus, do you get the minibus wage as it's what it's rota'd for or do you get the full wage for that shift?

If so it's not exactly in the driver's best interest for the Solo's, which they don't like to drive anyway, to actually be on the road. I'm not suggesting they do it, but to break a bus and get a reward seems rather counter productive.

Just to confirm what morritt89 has said, this is still the case as far as I know. 

I believe how it works is that for the portion of the shift that a conventional vehicle is driven, the driver will be paid conventional driving rate for that section. The thing is, majority of drivers on the minibus rota will simply be the newest drivers at the company, so the difference between their rate on minibus and the starting conventional rate isn't huge - and almost definitely not in their thinking when a potential issue comes up, because for all they know another minibus could be sent to replace it. 

I'd imagine also, that if drivers are found to be routinely refusing to drive buses which engineering find to then be perfectly serviceable, that there'd likely be disciplinary action taken.

Northumbria Minibus Rota