You need to enable JavaScript to run this app.

Skip to main content

Reintroduction of Temporarily Reduced Services Back to Original Frequency

Reintroduction of Temporarily Reduced Services Back to Original Frequency

RE: Reintroduction of Temporarily Reduced Services Back to Original Frequency
(05 Aug 2023, 4:04 pm)Andreos1 wrote Installing bus stops will mean absolutely bot all if the service doesn't take people where they want to go though. 
That's key to all of this. 

The developers talk about road infrastructure and how close they are to key employment locations. 
Yet there's GNE essentially saying they're going to divert an existing bus via the new road to/from Sunderland.
I can guarantee that's not where the majority of those people studying, working or whatever else need or want to be.

We've talked about missed opportunities and how operators aren't ambitious or even switched on enough to see what's actually in front of them many a time. 
This looks like it could be another example of that unfortunately.
It's just a lot more difficult for them to argue for a bus lane on the A182 or A183 with a boat load of terraced houses in the way. I'm sure it won't stop them asking.

Aye that's true mind, hey they can always change at Houghton Le Spring though, no doubt with the bus pulling in and the other pulling out at the exact the same time. Everyone loves a good change or that's what I hear on the grapevine anyway.

RE: Reintroduction of Temporarily Reduced Services Back to Original Frequency