You need to enable JavaScript to run this app.

Skip to main content

North East BSIP: £804 Million Pound Plan For North East Buses

North East BSIP: £804 Million Pound Plan For North East Buses

RE: North East BSIP: £804 Million Pound Plan For North East Buses
(10 Aug 2023, 10:27 am)Adrian wrote This is what happens when everybody does their own thing, rather than having any level of joined up thinking. 

There should be nothing stopping the BSIP multi-modal tickets being issued via the POP Pay As You Go scheme, developed under NESTi? According to the press release years ago now, this is exactly what it is supposed to do: https://www.gov.uk/government/news/smart...north-east

Having the BSIP tickets setup as a day cap for the value of each ticket and zone, and if anything, it'd be a lot more flexible to those using them. As we've seen with the Metro, the card can either be physical or virtual.

The Coast Road QR scanning is relatively new, but as I commented in that thread, it should act as a proof of concept of a wider scheme being delivered. Network One tickets, incl. Day Rovers and Explorers don't scan on other operators services throughout the region, and as you point out, there's no facility to scan them on the Metro.

It seems like they developed POP and then abandoned it completely.

GNE should have abandoned the Key and moved the tickets over to using the POP cards, same with Arriva (and potentially Stagecoach, do they use a smart card?)

Now that I've got used to using Tap on Tap off on Arriva, I just can't stand using either the GNE app to buy a ticket, or buying a day ticket on the bus (it inevitably gets ruined before the end of the day).

Sent from my SM-F721B using Tapatalk

RE: £804 Million Pound Plan For North East Buses
Ne14ne1
RE: Ne14ne1
Ne14ne1
£804 Million Pound Plan For North East Buses
Ne14ne1