You need to enable JavaScript to run this app.

Skip to main content

Arriva Northumbria - North Tyneside/South East Northumberland Network

Arriva Northumbria - North Tyneside/South East Northumberland Network

RE: Go North East - 2023 Pay Deal and Industrial Action
(07 Nov 2023, 11:47 am)mb134 wrote You keep posting about this like it's a certainty, realistically how much would PVR actually reduce by? 

The Blyth express services are already half hourly, and for the most part serve other purposes than the train. 

Maybe the X21/22, but even if they're reduced to every 30 mins you're only reducing PVR by about 4? 

The following services will have zero impact at all:

1, 2, 35, 43, 44, 45, 47, 57/A, 306, 308, 434, 553, X14, X15, X16, X18. 

You'd argue minimal impact on: 
X7, X8, X20, X22. 

So there's only really the X9, X10/11, and X21 where there is potential for a noticeable impact? Even that's very debatable given how strong those currently are, and the new fares that have been introduced.

It's funny I see the impacts totally different to what you see. Personally I'd say

2, 35, 43, 44, 45, 47, 57A, 306, 308, 434, 553, X14, X15, X16, X18 - No Impact

1 - Small impact, Bedlington Station to Ashington
57 - Small impact, Seaton Delaval connecting to Metro (I do this and so do others)
X22 - Small impact, North Ashington, down to 2 BPH
X9 - Small impact, around Bebside Station, too far to walk for most - no changes, new housing at West Cramlington will help it, potential to increase to 3 BPH?

X10/X11 - Medium impact, Blyth to Newcastle traffic but Cramlington traffic will still exist, merged as a superroute and dropped to 3 BPH. Combined with X9, 6 BPH Cramlington to Newcastle? Unsure what to do with Druridge Drive.

X7 - Big impact, unsustainable Seaton Delaval to Blyth, it's quiet as it is and very slow especially at peaks, 1 BPH Blyth to Newcastle, 1 BPH Holywell (loop Tillmouth) to Newcastle?
X8 - Big impact, unsustainable Cramlington to Blyth, no Newcastle traffic and no need for 4 BPH combined with above, 1 BPH Blyth to Newcastle, 1 BPH Cramlington to Newcastle, combined with X7 to give 2 BPH Newcastle to South Beach?
X21 - Big impact, Bedlington station area in both directions, dropped to 2 BPH, combined 4 BPH with 1/2 in shared sections.

RE: Go North East - 2023 Pay Deal and Industrial Action