You need to enable JavaScript to run this app.

Skip to main content

Go North East - 2023 Pay Deal and Industrial Action

RE: Go North East - 2023 Pay Deal and Industrial Action
(15 Nov 2023, 6:14 pm)Rob44 wrote We'll i do from my new penthouse to QE then a 1.5 mile walk......

I was replying to this SDF saying people wont use them. incuse they couldn't get back . i was suggesting if a 56 or x1 from Gateshead to QE or wreckenton people would use it than save the taxi fare even if they had to get a taxi back. 1 taxi and a bus is cheaper than 2 taxi unless you can now get a cheap taxi return??!!

would imagine people would be less annoyed not having a service at all than having a service run but not be able to get it because of capacity, ie. getting somewhere then not being able to ge

I mean, there may be deals with taxi companies offering returns.... Then throw in the fact there is 2 or 3 people wanting to see that dying relative. 

But to get back to the main point, whether a bus is finishing at 2.30pm or 11.30pm, there's always likely to be someone inconvenienced because they can't get a bus in both directions.
Chances are, the earlier it finishes, the more people are inconvenienced, by virtue of the majority of people not being about too late at night.
'Illegitimis non carborundum'

RE: Go North East - 2023 Pay Deal and Industrial Action
RE: Disruptions and driver shortages