You need to enable JavaScript to run this app.

Skip to main content

Go North East - 2023 Pay Deal and Industrial Action

RE: Go North East - 2023 Pay Deal and Industrial Action
(17 Nov 2023, 9:13 pm)MurdnunoC wrote So if all the bus drivers go and get better paid jobs, and you don't want to work from home due to being bored (or whatever), who is going to drive you to work? 

It's a pretty oxymoronic argument to make from your predicament. A lack of bus drivers means a lack of buses. And a lack of buses means people will migrate to other modes of transport thus less passengers. Less passengers means service reductions which, ultimately, restricts your ability to travel freely. So, like strike action, bus drivers seeking better wages elsewhere has the same overall outcome, so why wouldn't you want the people you rely on to be paid better in order to service your needs?   

As for me, well, I very rarely use the bus so neither strike action or a shortage of bus drivers affects me.

Whether he can afford it or not doesn't matter to me, personally. However, I am reminded of a quote sometimes attributed to the late, and allegedly great, Margaret Thatcher:

"anyone on a bus over the age of 25 is a failure"

As someone who likes espouse Thatcherite ideologies, I hope he moves on the EV pretty soon otherwise he's going to end up a failure, if he isn't already.
Unfortunately I've been a failure for a while now.

Guess I might as well just jump in front of a bus!

Sent from my SM-F721B using Tapatalk

RE: Go North East - 2023 Pay Deal and Industrial Action
RE: Disruptions and driver shortages