You need to enable JavaScript to run this app.

Skip to main content

Overcrowding and Unsuitable Allocations

RE: Overcrowding and Unsuitable Allocations
(18 Sep 2023, 10:50 pm)logidoodah wrote I thought seeing as it has come up in many threads, that it is an important discussion that I feel deserves it own thread.

The main SNE problems imo have arisen from the 'Stagecoach Expansion' and big PVR increase since covid with the 317, 685, 62 (extension), 38 (extension), 37 and soon to be 63 (extension which needs extra resource too). As well as having the same frequencies of routes (mostly). This has meant that increasingly the double decker routes which get allocated singles can get away with a single throughout the day but definitely not at peaks on any of em.

I have had some bad experiences as a passenger with overcrowding on buses the 62/63 being the worst.... Can anyone think of any ways this can be rectified without reducing the needed PVRs? I'm guessing more deckers acquired from elsewhere is the sensible option financially.

I'm interested to know you're thoughts and any experiences.  Big Grin
As I've started commuting into newcastle again this week I have noticed a sharp rise in the amount of single deckers on the 62/63 , im not sure when but stagecoach Oxford are getting electric buses and they have a batch of 20 I think 16 reg MMCs which are virtually identical to the newcastle ones, I think if SNE got them and allocated them to walkergate and slatyford it would solve this problem. I think a solution would be if  slatyford received 10 more double decks and cascaded 8 of its eldest single decks