You need to enable JavaScript to run this app.

Skip to main content

Go North East - 2023 Pay Deal and Industrial Action

RE: Go North East - 2023 Pay Deal and Industrial Action
(02 Dec 2023, 4:17 pm)DeltaMan wrote Why would the drivers be in conflict with customers? The news story yesterday clearly said TNE Day Tickets could be bought for nothing, so that is the expectation.

Surely the only thing putting drivers in conflict is the company withdrawing the TNE element after it went live. Nice first day back for some of them I bet

I suppose that's one thing that will impact the management desire for 'productivity'; buses running late due to drivers having to argue the toss with customers, who suddenly realise that they're being demanded a fare for the free day ticket they're expecting...

(02 Dec 2023, 4:21 pm)Dan wrote Obviously not. I was referring to the confusion around which tickets could be purchased (or obtained free of charge), resultant delays to boarding times, and some customers simply boarding the bus and sitting down without stating which ticket they were actually wanting. All of which added to conflict on buses this morning.

The offer remains much the same to the majority of customers (given the majority of tickets operators sell are single, returns and operator-specific day tickets).

This was - and still is - a very good gesture, with one aim to re-build trust in the company and get people back on board, and also to avoid conflict situations for drivers after prolonged strike action. For once let’s simply see this for what it is.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm not sure where the confusion would lie. The original T&Cs listed all your day tickets for free, unless I'm missing something obvious. Would it not be the same process for issuing the free ticket as it is to one that you collect a fare from?

I'd argue by moving the goal posts now, you're actually going to achieve everything that you've quite rightly tried to avoid as a company. It's drivers who are going to get it in the neck when customers are asked for a fare, when they're not expecting to pay for one. Isn't that only going to delay buses more?
Forum Moderator | Find NEB on facebook

RE: Go North East - 2023 Pay Deal and Industrial Action
RE: Disruptions and driver shortages