You need to enable JavaScript to run this app.

Skip to main content

Reintroduction of Temporarily Reduced Services Back to Original Frequency

Reintroduction of Temporarily Reduced Services Back to Original Frequency

RE: Reintroduction of Temporarily Reduced Services Back to Original Frequency
I agree new services not extending existing services

How about introducing night buses

In sunderland a South loop and a North loop

I would even say fund a 24hr metro around the loop only every 30 min in both directions with security

I would also use Haymarket bus station as a base and create a night service where one bus goes off around North Tyneside and back another one around the west End one around gateshead one around South Tyneside

However say all buses leave haymarket on the hour so they can connect with one another

Then an express bus from haymarket to Team Valley then A1 to Amazon and Nissan

This would create a network for the evening economy of shift workers and nightshift

Team Valley is one of the largest employed industrial estates but the majority start at 2am 4am 5am 6am shifts

There is a 91 bus service that goes from North Tyneside to Team Valley goes round battlehill Wallsend walker byker newcastle but is about 5am

No good for people seeking work and reply on buses or finishing work

I would also look at more links using the Tyne Tunnel

Say a new bus service
Washington Galleries- Amazon - Nissan- then A19 to Jarrow Bus Station - through tunnel to Wallsend bus station up Station Road to battlehill but join coast road at battlehill to silverlink /A19 junction to create a link at silverlink then into cobalt and Northumberland Park

This would actually create many links

New Blyth line at Northumberland Park to connect

A quick access from Cobalt to Northumberland Park Metro or Wallsend (handy and quicker link between two lines even physchologically)

Wallsend bus station connects communities with Cobalt as well as Jarrow (currently takes over an hour to get from Jarrow to Wallsend ) Jarrow then has a link to North of the tyne to go to wallsend as oppose to North Shields - Jarrow then has a link to Amazon Nissan and Washington

Creating a quick link from Washington go Amazon assists the Southern part

For the service to be successful it must be express with limited stops

RE: Reintroduction of Temporarily Reduced Services Back to Original Frequency