You need to enable JavaScript to run this app.

Skip to main content

Reintroduction of Temporarily Reduced Services Back to Original Frequency

Reintroduction of Temporarily Reduced Services Back to Original Frequency

RE: Reintroduction of Temporarily Reduced Services Back to Original Frequency
(22 Jan 2024, 10:24 pm)Adrian wrote It makes sense. It happens in Manchester and West Yorkshire, where multi-modal tickets can be purchased for the whole PTE area.

Mayor Driscoll wants to bring this in for the North East, per his manifesto and the public meetings he's been doing.

Sent from my SM-S916B using Tapatalk

Yeah seen that, hopefully it's implimented. It's crazy how everything is integrated but rail which just seems counter productive to me, especially considering the service along the Tyne Valley is quite decent really, other lines less said mind.

(22 Jan 2024, 10:25 pm)mb134 wrote I'm not sure the people who are meant to be delivering it know either. 

Oh wait, you meant ticketing...

That's true mind, we're Summer 2024 though so I'm not complaining. Be surprised if it's happens mind, as the last time I was down there it was a pond.

(22 Jan 2024, 11:27 pm)Aaron21 wrote If bsip goes to the 19. I can't see gct running it. It's always puzzle me why the 19 lost an evening service as mentioned it was due to low passenger numbers. But the 19 serves area like Silverlink (Cinema) late working at Cobalt & gives Percy Main & Northumberland Park area a bus service on an evening. Northumberland Park to me is always a slow depression area. It's serverd by 1 bus service next to the metro station and doesn't. Bet u when the line opens. More bus services Will stop at that bus stop

The whole 19 is strange tbh, I don't understand why they cut out the Royal Quays for the Fish Quay, it's just made a bus service which pretty much serves no houses at all and there's alternative routes for Cobalt / Silverlink etc which are more frequent.

The long 19's generally have a few people on whenever I see them tbf, but the short 19's are consistantly dead and I'm not surprised either.

(22 Jan 2024, 11:43 pm)logidoodah wrote 3) The 10/11 is a contract as stated before except they merged the contracts of Primrose - Jarrow - North Shields (both 30 mins). Cost wise this is beneficial for Nexus and actually has decent numbers using it from when I've used it can be up to 10 people (not bad for a contract). 

Overall I think the 10/11 should be kept the same and the 19+9 merger would be interesting to see the viability of it. But  as with anything comes down to promotion/cost/reliability and most importantly going where people need to be. The 9 is a bizarre route currently due to be chopped and chopped then extended then merged with 61 then reverted to what it is now. Shame because there is definitely potential to extend or even increase the freq as it definitely makes healthy money.

Honestly, can't disagree with that at all to be honest. I'm not sure what plans they have but they badly need to do something with the short 19's (or scrap it). They're constantly empty whenever I've seen one pass.

RE: Reintroduction of Temporarily Reduced Services Back to Original Frequency