You need to enable JavaScript to run this app.

Skip to main content

North East BSIP: £804 Million Pound Plan For North East Buses

North East BSIP: £804 Million Pound Plan For North East Buses

RE: North East BSIP: £804 Million Pound Plan For North East Buses
(20 Mar 2024, 8:26 am)ASX_Terranova wrote Would you be better off extending the 82 to team valley. Off peak theres nothing from Washington or Birtley. If the 50 skips ayton and lambton can you tell me what else would serve them.

Nah, I'd just leave it Birtley to Barmston Court only, so something like

82: Birtley Lansdown Road - via Ayton Road loop - Washington - Barmston Court (Every 30 Minutes) - PVR 3
24: Newcastle - Gateshead - Prince Concort Road - Low Fell - Harlow Green - Wrekenton (Every 30 Minutes) - PVR 3
25: Newcastle - Gateshead - QE - Portobello - Chester Le Street (Every 30 Minutes) - Langley Park (Every Hour) - PVR 4

24/25: Interworking, the 25 is roughly 48 minutes (shorts), 24 is 34 minutes I believe.

I know someone will say where's all these buses coming from (it's double the PVR to now) but these were successful commercial services for years, isn't the point of the BSIP to try and grow them back, it's not as if they don't serve anything they serve houses pretty much their whole routes and would open new links especially the Prince Concort Road area to Newcastle since the 51/52 got cut at Gateshead.

Hourly bus services are unacceptable imo, unless they serve rural areas which Langley Park to Chester Le Street pretty much is, so that's a fair timetable.

RE: £804 Million Pound Plan For North East Buses
Ne14ne1
RE: Ne14ne1
Ne14ne1
£804 Million Pound Plan For North East Buses
Ne14ne1