You need to enable JavaScript to run this app.

Skip to main content

RE: I have seen the light!
(14 Jun 2024, 11:09 am)Shrek wrote Getting a driving licence makes things far easier. If I'm going to work in the city centre I prefer to use the bus (though driving currently due to Arriva issues), but going anywhere else the car is the way to go. I can be at the coast in 20 minutes instead of over an hour in the car, I was at a pub quiz yesterday which I'd have had to leave at 10pm and miss the end if I was on public transport. Good for my liver that I didn't drink too.

It really will be difficult to encourage everyone to get out of the car unless you end up with bus and metro frequency similar to London, but that's really unlikely to happen due to the cost.

For more local journeys I think I'm probably still going to use the bus. For example, if I'm going to Spoons to sit and get some work done, I'm just going to pay the £4 for the Durham Day rover as I can't be arsed with the faff of finding a parking space, especially when the bus stop is a 30 second walk from my front door.

Funnily enough, pub quiz is one of the things I've really missed doing, I used to stay up at my grandfathers and get a lift, but it was a right faff sorting all the logistics out so I just gave up on trying.

I have seen the light!