You need to enable JavaScript to run this app.

Skip to main content

RE: I have seen the light!
(15 Jun 2024, 12:35 am)Unber43 wrote I've been in a similar situation, i've just got a car about 6 weeks ago, and I haven't been on a bus since, I've realised how awful it is, idk if it is because of the reliability, and just lack of links where to get to Metrocentre or Newcastle I would have to get 3 buses (over 2 hours) without any charges or anything, I recently took road trip from Consett to Alston to Stanhope then at 430 at night decided to drive to Kendal, i would have never been able to do that on the bus.

It has given me a new sense of freedom, and dont get me wrong i quite like getting the bus, but what i still hate is the other passengers that either stink of alcohol or drugs or the disruptiveness of them.

I've been planning a bit of a road trip, I'm wanting to do it so the return journey is within the range of the car as it would then essentially be free (other than insurance costs). Realistically, I could get as far north as Seahouses or as far south as Leeds and still make it back without charging. If I borrowed the Audi I could probably do Manchester or Berwick

I have seen the light!