You need to enable JavaScript to run this app.

Skip to main content

Go North East - 2023 Pay Deal and Industrial Action

RE: Go North East - 2023 Pay Deal and Industrial Action
(06 Oct 2024, 9:21 pm)Ambassador wrote Looking at bus times you may be right actually. 

Though with some common sense a single deck run to Durham could avoid peak time or schools. 

Then you have standing room only on a X39 (first run a permanent single decker for operational convenience) and I’ve got Cobalt Sustainable travel asking why our bus numbers are so low.

One thing I would note is that driving standards have fallen off a cliff. I love the older drivers (said this before) chasing yellows, pedal to the metal, get on and go 

versus the Elite lot…scraping the bus by the bus gate at the old swallow hotel, slowing for yellows, forever aiming the pavement for perfect alignment 

Id like to fire back a little too…those drivers on here, are you happy? I guess us being miserable as passengers is a thing but…how is life behind the wheel?

You have just highlighted the 2 different driver groups:

The more experienced who drive to try and keep to timetable and those who drive how the training school teaches them and how the company likes to think everyone drives (but impossible to keep to time). 

It is near impossible to stick to a timetable and drive how the company wants you to drive (especially Sundays where running time is reduced). 

Timetables may look great on paper and be fantastic for interworking patterns (and convince of saving a few quid and buses) but are they realistic and what impact does this have on driving and the overall customer experience?

RE: Go North East - 2023 Pay Deal and Industrial Action
RE: Disruptions and driver shortages