You need to enable JavaScript to run this app.

Skip to main content

Go North East - 2023 Pay Deal and Industrial Action

RE: Go North East - 2023 Pay Deal and Industrial Action
Quite interesting the comments on driver standards.

When 6101 was almost brand new, I remember a woman driver in her late 20's / early 30's who had short hair......you'd think she was driving a Leyland / Volvo Olympian! Foot to the floor and she was going mental constantly shutting up messages on the Tacho haha!

Quite interesting that even with High Farm, the 309 has the same if not more running time than it did back in 2019 when it went standalone back then. But still manages to run late. But I wouldn't put that necessarily down to the driving, but more the s**t show of NTC and their pie in the sky road schemes!

I wouldn't say any of the "elite" drivers are intentional 'toads' though. If the road & traffic conditions aren't permitting safe timekeeping, then the local authorities and operators need to work together for solutions.

If wanting a real example of a toad......go back 10 years on any of Jesmond's work and always was the same driver with glasses & toon hat getting chased by a following 43/44/45 or 306/308! Them poor Volvo B10BLE's must have been crying for a bit more oomph!

Getting flashbacks already of the days when NMS/ANor & GoCLine used to chase 57 minute running times on the 308 on Sundays, with the beasty Leyland Olympians (C*** LJR / B*** GCN), Volvo Olympians (S*** OFT, M*** FTY, M*** HPF), Scania N113's (N*** OTY) and DB250's (Y*** EBR).

RE: Go North East - 2023 Pay Deal and Industrial Action
RE: Disruptions and driver shortages