You need to enable JavaScript to run this app.

Skip to main content

Go North East - 2023 Pay Deal and Industrial Action

RE: Go North East - 2023 Pay Deal and Industrial Action
(06 Oct 2024, 9:21 pm)Ambassador wrote Looking at bus times you may be right actually. 

Though with some common sense a single deck run to Durham could avoid peak time or schools. 

Then you have standing room only on a X39 (first run a permanent single decker for operational convenience) and I’ve got Cobalt Sustainable travel asking why our bus numbers are so low.

One thing I would note is that driving standards have fallen off a cliff. I love the older drivers (said this before) chasing yellows, pedal to the metal, get on and go 

versus the Elite lot…scraping the bus by the bus gate at the old swallow hotel, slowing for yellows, forever aiming the pavement for perfect alignment 

Id like to fire back a little too…those drivers on here, are you happy? I guess us being miserable as passengers is a thing but…how is life behind the wheel?

Yeah, credit where credit's due, it seems they've added more time to them as they've got 11 minutes waiting time at CLS by the looks of things, which should help them out a bit. Sure it used to be around 6 minutes so guessing they've added an extra bus to the PVR (happy to be corrected here).

Mind must say living in Arriva land, it feels like the complete opposite and is like wacky races lately with them the foot to the ground everywhere. Guess there's different standards between the two. Mind that said if I had to suffer a Solo all day, I'd probably do the same (new drivers are pretty much always on the 57/57A up here).

RE: Go North East - 2023 Pay Deal and Industrial Action
RE: Disruptions and driver shortages