You need to enable JavaScript to run this app.

Skip to main content

RE: Winter Olympics
(21 Feb 2014, 6:46 am)fozzovmurton wrote Will probably watch Dave and the boys this afternoon, I am not a big curling fan, but these games has captured the imagination of a lot of the public, Lizzy Yarnold has done a lot for Winter Sports awareness...

The one for me today is Elise Christie in the 1000m short track speed skating Quarters, after everything she has been through, it is amazing, after her penalty and disqualification last week, getting bullied and death threats on Social Media, she has showed some strength to get through it and keep on competing.

As for Rowan, shame about her, but I suppose it is best not to compete, if the docs have any slight doubt about her health then it is best to withdraw, better safe than sorry, she is still young and will have 4 years to better herself and come back strong in Pyeongchang in 2018

Yep I've watched the curling quite a lot and its one of those games that I've grown into liking! Think the lads game is at 1330 today, not 1345. Couldn't agree more about Lizzy, getting a gold has really made the nation sit up and realise.

Elise must be due a bit of luck after all she's been through recently so I'm hoping she can go far as she's a fantastic skater. It looks like our lads in the bobsleigh could be in line to do really well too, they kept posting decent times in training yesterday.

As for Rowan yeah she's only 18 so I'm hoping she'll definitely come back in 4 years even better and stronger than she is now, if so she'll be a massive contender for a medal! Just won the world championships recently at 18 which is crazy! You can watch her interview here: http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/winter-olympics/26281140
Another one I'm following is Katie Summerhayes who competed in the Slopestyle skiing, she finished 7th but is definitely one to watch out for in 2018 too! Bonus points for being from Sheffield too!

Forum Moderator   | Let us know if you have any issues

Service Manager, Coatham Connect

Winter Olympics
Re: Winter Olympics
Re: RE: Winter Olympics