Rate Thread
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.33 Average
|
What are you listening to right now? (The Music Thread)
11 Apr 2014, 12:47 pm,
RE: What are you listening to right now? (The Music Thread)
(11 Apr 2014, 12:20 pm)AdamY wrote I was listening to my 'From the Muddy Banks of the Wishkah' album just the other day although not because of the twentieth anniversary of the death of Kurt Cobain - just a mere coincidence.

The 90s was a funny decade. For me, I'll remember it fondly as it contained my formative years but I often wonder how it will be perceived by the disaffected.

I'm actually looking forward to the 90s revival when it properly kicks in over the next decade or so. But how much of it will be rose-tainted?

That's for another thread Wink

As for the revival, it seems to have started already.
Towards the end of last year, a lot of music in the charts seemed to be inspired by 90s stuff and whenever there is a 'retro metro' or 'old skool classics' thing on the radio these days, it tends to be from those 10 years.

It seems the majority of Radio 2 presenters on the air these days are the hip young things from Radio 1 - Chris Evans, Sarah Cox et al.

Lets just hope Grimmy vanishes like Chris Moyles has done though Big Grin
'Illegitimis non carborundum'

Messages In This Thread
RE: What are you listening to right now? (The Music Thread) - by Andreos1 - 11 Apr 2014, 12:47 pm
RE: What are you listening to right now? (The Music Thread) - by HJackson95 - 20 Jul 2018, 11:33 am