You need to enable JavaScript to run this app.

Skip to main content

RE: If you won the lottery
I only ever put the Euro-Millions on when the jackpot is at a figure of over £100m. For some bizarre reason, £40m isn't enough for me to punt £2 on it even though I do the National Lottery every week through direct debit. I wonder if anyone else has this rather strange (and irrational) point of view?

Anyway....now for my pie-in-the-sky ideas.

Investing in a football club would be nice. I would probably pick Consett as the town is expanding and a successful run might be enough to establish a decent fanbase which would allow the club to grow and flourish.

Investing in a small bus operator holds some appeal. Buy a few new buses and try out a few new routes to see if anything sticks. Acquiring some old vehicles for preservation might be nice. I have a very close family member who works as a fitter and we have often discussed something along these lines.

Acquiring land for development is also something I'd like to do. On my travels I see lots of land - often with derelict buildings - and it just looks wasteful. If I had the money, I would love to regenerate and build new homes. One ideal of mine is to build flats and target 'green' buyers - i.e. those without cars - thereby creating the potential for sustained and strengthened transport links.

And of course I'd sort out my close friends and family too. This probably goes without saying so I won't delve too much into how.

With exception of the last point, these are all just idealistic pipe-dreams. Whether any of my other suggestions would come to fruition if I won the lottery is another matter entirely!

If you won the lottery
Re: RE: If you won the lottery