You need to enable JavaScript to run this app.

Skip to main content

Marxista Fozzski
Re: RE: If you won the lottery
(17 Apr 2014, 10:11 pm)AdamY wrote I only ever put the Euro-Millions on when the jackpot is at a figure of over £100m. For some bizarre reason, £40m isn't enough for me to punt £2 on it even though I do the National Lottery every week through direct debit. I wonder if anyone else has this rather strange (and irrational) point of view?

Anyway....now for my pie-in-the-sky ideas.

Investing in a football club would be nice. I would probably pick Consett as the town is expanding and a successful run might be enough to establish a decent fanbase which would allow the club to grow and flourish.

Investing in a small bus operator holds some appeal. Buy a few new buses and try out a few new routes to see if anything sticks. Acquiring some old vehicles for preservation might be nice. I have a very close family member who works as a fitter and we have often discussed something along these lines.

Acquiring land for development is also something I'd like to do. On my travels I see lots of land - often with derelict buildings - and it just looks wasteful. If I had the money, I would love to regenerate and build new homes. One ideal of mine is to build flats and target 'green' buyers - i.e. those without cars - thereby creating the potential for sustained and strengthened transport links.

And of course I'd sort out my close friends and family too. This probably goes without saying so I won't delve too much into how.

With exception of the last point, these are all just idealistic pipe-dreams. Whether any of my other suggestions would come to fruition if I won the lottery is another matter entirely!

Just remember you wont get into the Conference with the 3G pitch, at least not at the moment, but if you have 100m quid you could surely dig out enough brown envelopes to get your own way...

If I was to invest into a club, I would probably invest in the Mighty Quakers and do my bit to help get us back to a decent standard or maybe even form my own new team to go along with my community sports hub idea

If you won the lottery
RE: If you won the lottery