You need to enable JavaScript to run this app.

Skip to main content

RE: If you won the lottery
If I won 40 million quid, I would be wise with it. To start, invest in a couple of businesses and have a fleet of newsagents as well as a couple of restaurants to keep more money coming in. I'd continue to buy more businesses, and end by purchasing a small independant operator. With that, I would be making about 1 million a year.

I'd then win the euro million jackpot of 184 million pounds (Tongue), and relax into luxury. I'd build a massive mansion in my hometown of Chester-Le-Street (the greatest place on earth), and build a nice big cottage right in the middle of the Yorkshire Dales where I could go out on my balcony each night and watch the sunset and watch cattle graze ten miles away. I'd probably end up buying a penthouse in New York if I ever wanted to buy a business over there, a penthouse in London, donate 10 million to The Tanfield Railway (the one place in this region where I think we should be grateful for), so they can overhaul a few more locomotives to build their fleet back up to what it was in the mid 90's (about seven/eight working engines). Finally, I would purchase several buses all in one go;

Volvo Wright B10BLE Renown (preferably 4852)
Leyland National Mark 2 (preferably 4710)
Northern Counties Olympian Palatine 1 (preferably 3916)
Northern Counties Olympian Palatine 1 (preferably 3917)
Northern Counties Olympian Palatine 1 (preferably 3910)
MCW Metrobus (preferably 3768, the one used as a yellow school bus)

Every day I would drive them around my estate (in Chester-Le-Street) for an hour every morning, as part of my routine. I'd have a massive garage for cars, then a seperate structure for the buses to sleep Angel and get maintained; like a mini depot. But, I would want to pay back society for giving me the life of luxury. I would take exactly one hundred homeless people off the streets and give them the life they deserve; even if it isn't their own house, I'd build several dorms on my estate, I'd give them a warm bed each night, four meals a day, and a roof over their head as well as the basic needs, but in return they would pledge their loyalty to my hospitality and serve as guards to my many properties and businesses. They would each wear a uniform similar to the ones that the East India Trading Company Soldiers do in Pirates of The Caribbean: At World's End. Then, despite having spent all of my winnings, I would still make about 3 million a year from all of my businesses and properties (if you invest, you'll never run dry). My life would be complete, but I would follow a yearly plan similar to this;

* A 2 Month Tour of the UK (the one thing that keeps me motivated)
* A New Business to Invest in and Purchase
* A New Bus to add to The Marcus Green Fleet
* A Cruise around any part of the Ocean
* Attend Every Single Bus Event in the North East (and Lothian Buses)
* Never have to Work

I would basically be an Investor.

If you won the lottery
Re: RE: If you won the lottery
Re: RE: If you won the lottery