You need to enable JavaScript to run this app.

Skip to main content

RE: Service X93
I've never used it. However, I may be using it in the not-to-distant future as I plan to travel down to Scarborough using an Explorer ticket.

I know you have some issues with the service. If you pop into Middlesbrough Library and have a look at the microfilm archives for the Gazette, you'll see that the Whitby to Scarborough section of the route (although it probably wasn't known as the 93/X93 back then) has always suffered from its fair share of problems dating back to when the BRB closed the Whitby to Scarborough railway line in 1965.

'Whitby Scornful of Bus Scheme' & 'Steep Roads and Snow Cause Concern over Bus Scheme' [sic] are two such articles which both appeared in the July 9th 1964 edition of the Evening Gazette on pages 1 and 2 respectively. However, one must be objective when looking at articles from this particular period as people in Whitby were trying to save all their rail services from closure. A replacement bus service is not going to be presented in the best possible light.

Service X93