You need to enable JavaScript to run this app.

Skip to main content

RE: Service X93
(19 May 2014, 6:38 pm)robisdave15 wrote To Andreos. I know I've gone on about the service but looking at it as an entity I'm guessing that overall it is quite a success by virtue of the fact that management are now trying to give Whitby depot a full 8 double deck PVR to meet the requirements of the peak season timetable.I can understand what you say about the crowds and reliability though ? It's the former that tend to throw me!

To Scott. Thanks for the heads up on that. Just thinking that if they perhaps threw some additional resources - maintainance and cleaning at the Whitby compound then that could be a step in the right direction. Just a thought?

There is no doubt it is a success, but not sure the service is reaching its full potential.
Hopefully the allocation will help improve the service and lead it onto greater success.

I imagine the majority of passengers are from the Teesside area and possibly the southern fringes of Co Durham and maybe Darlington too.
If the likes of Marcus, AdamY or myself were to use it, there is the need for at least two more connections from Middlesbrough to get home (using different operators in a fragmented system).
That faff and the issues I mentioned previously are the things putting me off - particularly with a family in tow.

The Day Ranger I mentioned earlier coupled with a Family and Friends Railcard make the train (particularly the direct ones from Tyneside/Wearside) even more attractive.

The bus isn't ruled out, it just isn't as attractive as it could be
'Illegitimis non carborundum'

Service X93