You need to enable JavaScript to run this app.

Skip to main content

RE: Service X93
Used the X93 for the first time back in the February half term. Me and my friends decided to have a trip out for the day. We got off the X10 and went straight onto the X93, doing the full route to Scarborough. Never again.

Ended up with Scania Omnicity 4651 (NK05 GXE) there and back. Loadings were about 3/4 full from Middlesbrough to Whitby, where about half got off and at least one full bus load clambered on, meaning people were standing from the front all the way to the very back of the bus. I occasionally suffer from travel sickness but I'm usually alright on buses/coaches (I was perfectly fine yesterday going to/from Wembley), but the X93 was horrible. I felt quite ill from just south of Guisborough all the way to Scarborough.

To top it off as well, coming back, we were sat in the quadrant areas at the back, and on the very back seats, a woman decided to give her partner a blowjob. Happily, I had my back turned to them so I didn't see it (not that I would ever want to), but a couple of my friends didn't share that same amount of fortune as me and are now scarred for life.

We were thinking about returning to Scarborough in the forthcoming half term on the X93, but I've made it perfectly clear to my friends that I'm taking the train, even though I may be the only one that will. I'd rather shell out at least £30 on train fares than pay a £9.30 Day Explorer and use that X93.

Service X93