You need to enable JavaScript to run this app.

Skip to main content

Marxista Fozzski
RE: Service X93
I used this service from Middlesbrough-Whitby last summer and it was a horrible ride, absolutely rammed all the way and in my opinion, the bus seemed overloaded, the people standing from front to back on lower deck wouldn't have a stood a chance to do anything if the bus had been involved in some kind of accident and quite a few passengers were drinking as well, which leaves me quite nervous, because if there is a problem or an argument starts, there is nowhere to go.

Coming back from Whitby the service was duplicated and both was down to standing room only and again not very pleasant, with the amount of people packed on, it was like a greenhouse, even with windows open...

The problem I have with this, is the same as has been pointed out before and it is connections, I am from Murton, Co.Durham, it I would have to get 2 buses just to reach Middlesbrough(202 or 23 or 24, then X9)...

Last year I got the train to Middlesbrough from Seaham and coming home I barely made my connection as the X93 rolled into Middlesbrough about 20 minutes...

I dont know if it would work, would it not be worth introducing a new service dedicated to running non-stop between M'bro and S'bro with, say 1 stop, at Guisborough and make the X93 M'bro to Whitby only...

I will be heading back to Whitby in the Summer sometime and will get the train unless there is an imrovement on the X93

Service X93