You need to enable JavaScript to run this app.

Skip to main content

RE: Driving
(29 May 2014, 6:51 pm)Andreos Constantopolous wrote Having lived in areas primarily served by Washington, Sunderland Rd and Chester over the years, there seem to have been a core that have been loyal for a significant period (one in particular at Washington has been there since at least the early 90's. There was an Indian guy based at Sunderland Rd who appeared around the same period), others have been there for a shorter period and there are others which come and go.

To be honest, it isn't just the bus industry like that. Wherever you work, there are members of staff who fall into each of those 3 categories.

When I had a conversation with one of Chester's leading drivers a while back; he said that he had been with GNE - 'on-off' for 14 years. Is that what you mean by 'come and go'?

I don't know if we're thinking of the same person, but many a time I've seen a driver at Sunderland Rd/Riverside whose of an ethnic backround. He was on 49s yesterday. He has a long white beard and seems really friendly.

Driving