You need to enable JavaScript to run this app.

Skip to main content

RE: Dear Uncle Nick
(09 Jul 2014, 9:16 am)Andreos Constantopolous wrote Partly inspired by the channel 4 teletext page of the same name, which was popular many moons ago - here is a problem page.

Problems can be real, made up relating to yourself or relating to a 'friend'.
Hopefully the answers provided can help us through the muddles of everyday life.

Any advice would be appreciated, cos I haven't got a clue what to tell them.
I will also be at this housewarming, so being in the know - I am aware of how awkward things could be.

If the married couple who introduced the male and female in question are going to be at this housewarming, it would be silly for the male and female to pretend not to know each other as other people are obviously in the know.

If the relationship is a casual 'friends with benefits' situation, presuming both parties are not involved in other committed relationships, then I really don't see what the problem is.

People will talk, gossip and speculate regardless of whether they're open about the relationship. So my advice would be to act normally (or as normal as one can be), go to this party with your regular group of friends and treat it like any other party. If the opportunity arises to interact with one another then do so on a casual, non-intimate basis which doesn't cause either party to be uncomfortable. If both parties are comfortable with being with one another, then do what what you want!

At the end of the day who cares!

Dear Uncle Nick