You need to enable JavaScript to run this app.

Skip to main content

Sunderland Area Developments - St Mary's Way, Vaux, New Wear Bridge etc

RE: Sunderland Area Developments - St Mary's Way, Vaux, New Wear Bridge etc
(26 Aug 2014, 5:56 pm)NEBCD Malarkey wrote Does anyone think that the Market in Sunderland, just down from Park Lane should be closed altogether, As I walk through it on a Regular Basis when going down to Ingeus, as a quick Short Cut, and I have noticed there is never anyone going in there.

In recent months the Sweet Shop has gone and few other things also, only the Barbers and Carpet thing, a Cafe, some shoe shop and the main Butchers/Grocers left in there now, might it be worth shutting up shop for good, as I personally can't see anybody opening up any new Businesses in there at all.

On top of this, some Buildings on Holmeside have been knocked down, and the 3 Bars at the Top, have been served with Eviction notices in the last 4 to 6 Weeks, Certainly doesn't look good for this Part of Sunderland.

Park Lane market are on short term leases.

If their decide to knock that area down, the only premises that will be left standing will be the section of bars on the end, unless the council put in a compulsory purchase orders on the properties.

The new college site on Holmside triangle will be on the foot print of what has already been demolition.

RE: St Mary's Way, Sunderland