You need to enable JavaScript to run this app.

Skip to main content

Migrants caught storming Calais Port

Marxista Fozzski
Re: RE: Migrants caught storming Calais Port
(04 Sep 2014, 10:24 pm)Andreos Constantopolous wrote Exactly.
As much as I feel sorry for refugees fleeing persecution in their own country - France isn't usually the first country they arrive in.

The other issue is the Schengen agreement, which saw the end to border controls in mainland Europe.
People can cross Europe on foot, bike or in a motor vehicle and not get asked for a passport or show identity once.

Another interesting development in recent years, is the amount of people with Indian heritage coming into the UK from Poland, with Polish papers.
Bearing in mind Poland only opened its borders fairly recently and there isn't any economic, cultural or historic links between India and Poland - it has baffled me as to why and how people in India decided to move to Poland in the first place.

I will make it clear from the outset, that none of these comments are intended to be interpreted as being racist, bigoted or discriminatory whatsoever.

It boils my piss when people are branded racist, bigoted and xenophobic just because we have an opinion on immigration.

I am all for a multi-cultural society...I wonder what state the NHS would be in without doctors and nurses from the Sub-Continent and Far East. Indo-Polish, thats a new one, lol.

As for Schengen, what happens if our Scottish Brothers vote for Independence, would they be forced into Schengen as a condition of EU membership and where would that leave the UK, I heard a government official a few months ago saying if Scotland signed up to the Schengen Agreement then there may no choice in having to erect border posts along the Scottish Borders.

Back to Calais, I really dont think it is our problem, it is more problem for France and there EU neighbours

RE: Migrants caught storming Calais Port
Re: Migrants caught storming Calais Port