You need to enable JavaScript to run this app.

Skip to main content

RE: Photography
(02 Jul 2013, 6:25 pm)Daniel wrote Again, as sad as it may be, I have a list of locations that I want to take a photograph at. Originally using Google Maps as a method of finding places on a service's route, I have decided (in many cases) to test out the location and see if it's changed since the Google Maps van was there. Often discover new locations while doing so, and then I have a walk around the area too, in anticipation of finding further spots.
I'm looking forward to my summer break where I can put the 7-day Get Around ticket I won a few months ago to good use - getting nice photographs (providing the sun's nice to us all!) outside of Tyne & Wear etc etc.

It's actually a good idea that - not sad. There's been times I've wasted loads of time during the day trying to find a decent spot, simply because I've not known the area. Found this a problem when I was down in Brighton especially. I'll have a look on though as I'm thinking of heading up Tynemouth way one day this week.

(02 Jul 2013, 6:34 pm)Andreos1 wrote Picking up on the theme of bus stations - are some of them too clinical now?

If you look at the older stations which have been touched on in another thread, the old Park Lane or Central Bus Station had something about them, which carried across into the photo. Worswick Street and Marlbrough Crescent had an air of being 'worn', possibly 'dirty' and again, that was portrayed in the images.
Or is it just me harking back and looking through rose tinted glasses again?

Have to agree there. The Galleries and Concord Stations had character about them. Just dull and boring now. Not my photos, but;

[Image: 561332_329901830446288_337808516_n.jpg]

[Image: 601418_319287374841067_342054371_n.jpg]
Forum Moderator | Find NEB on facebook

Photography