You need to enable JavaScript to run this app.

Skip to main content

RE: Benefits
(10 Sep 2014, 9:13 pm)Dan wrote You are entitled to a disabled persons concessionary bus pass if you are:
• Physically disabled and suffering from any disability, which permanently and seriously impairs your ability to walk;
• Permanently blind and unable to perform any duties for which normal sight is required;
• Assessed as having a learning disability;
• Registered as profoundly deaf, with or without speech;
• Registered as partially sighted;
• Without the use of arms, whether through the absence of limbs or otherwise; OR
• Unable to drive having had a driving licence refused or revoked on medical grounds

I'm guessing autism would fall under 'learning difficulties', which would mean that Adam SHOULD qualify (but whether he does or not is another matter!)

Other enthusiasts who are able to run around and take photos until their heart is content have these bus passes; whether I agree with it or not, they must be eligible to have received it.

Yeah that is Correct Dan Aspergers does fall under Learning Difficulties, Through School I didn't really get much assistance as I didn't want it or felt I needed it, in my opinion there were other Students in the School who would of been better off with the Support that I was offered, hence why I refused it on Numerous Occasions.

In College I was left to my own Devices, although there was a Learning Mentor assigned to my Class for other Students, which also turned out to be for me also, but I wasn't hassled as I could manage with the Classwork, that was until I found out I had problems with my Eye and suffered from Severe Headaches, in which I did require some help for a few weeks while I found out why I was having the Headaches.

So therefore due to issues with my Vision also, and the fact I have had 2 Surgeries in the last 18 Months, I think I would get away with being Partially Sighted, as the Vision in my Right Eye is Blurred, and I struggle to Read things from a Distance.

Benefits
Re: RE: Benefits