You need to enable JavaScript to run this app.

Skip to main content

Arriva North East: Rare & Odd Workings - November 2014

Arriva North East: Rare & Odd Workings - November 2014

RE: Arriva North East - Rare and Odd Workings
(29 Nov 2014, 11:27 pm)Tom wrote I didn't actually see one MAX vehicle on the X14, and at least one was missing from the X15. This isn't really acceptable. Especially when at least one MAX bus was on the X21/X22. I can see why they do it, but thye shouldn't as passengers on the X14 are getting a battered old bus, when they should be getting a modern bus with leather seats and wifi, something they aren't getting. 

The X21/X22 should, without doubt, have an additional spare, but I'm not sure where they can get it from. 

Put a complaint in - csnortheast@arriva.co.uk. I can understand the odd vehicle being off the route, and therefore Wi-Fi not being provided, but it shouldn't be the norm on any given day.

(29 Nov 2014, 11:40 pm)Dan wrote With reference to the lack of availability of Wi-Fi - I travelled on a Lowlander which was allocated to service X15 today, and overheard customers asking one another why there was no provision of Wi-Fi on-board that vehicle...

I know you used to get that quite often elsewhere, especially on branded spares, but at least that's looking like it's starting to be resolved. It's funny, but at least if a red (spare) bus turns up for GNE, in place of a branded vehicle with WiFi, the expectation is it won't have WiFi, because it's a different colour bus. Quite hard to differentiate over at Arriva, but now people are getting used to the MAX vehicles vs standard Arriva vehicles, I wonder if the customers will acknowledge it the same?

It does remind me of a conversation we had on the forum ages ago too, around the X84/X85 on a Sunday. Not sure what is allocated these days mind, but it does go to show that customers are now expecting WiFi as part of their service provision, rather than something to just get them from A to B.
Forum Moderator | Find NEB on facebook