Menu

morritt89   06 Dec 2014, 5:58 pm
A quick question about the 33 being reinstated (I didn't attend the consultation - didn't know it was on). Will it be operating the same way as the 12 (past the Barnes, the up Silksworth Lane and down Blind Lane)? I imagine the competition would be a bit strong with the Stagecoach 12 and 13 - the only 'new' link I can think of would be Doxford Park (let's say Morrisons) to Blind Lane (where the old Rover dealership was) as you could get the 13 to the top of Blind Lane (Sportsmans arms).

My mam lives in Silksworth so I often travel there. I remember when going to Farra comp getting the 133 the Doxford International on a morning (think Redby did afternoon peak trips at some point). Also, where in Doxford Park would it terminate - Morrisons? There also used to be a 132 (George Bell and Wear buses at some point as well) which went round my mams estate and a 129 that went round the estate next to the library. Maybe these estates could be served again by bus (may also take away passengers from the 12 who need to walk to the main road to use them)?

With regards to the X36 (which I use daily) I don't know what to make of the changes. Bit miffed that to Newcastle it will be only every hour but reliability has never been the strong point of the X36 especially of late - there has been large gaps in service between Newcastle and Sunderland recently (one more than one occasion it has been over an hour between buses and on one day it was over 90 minutes). That said, at peak times, it is used by fare paying (well pass holding) passengers. I often use the first X36 (gets to my stop for 7am) heading to Newcastle. Picks up a large amount of passengers (often nearly full by Downhill). Quite a few passengers have the blue network one passes (do GNE get reimbursed for these?). I have noted also, a lot of people travel from the North Estates to Boldon Asda.

Thinking of the North Sunderland changes, would reintroduction of the 135/136 work and cancel out some of these changes and previous changes? Also, could serve the new Aldi store.