You need to enable JavaScript to run this app.

Skip to main content

Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - January 2015

Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - January 2015

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion
(02 Jan 2015, 5:47 pm)Jimmi wrote Unfortunately the X88 doesn't have large layover times on the timetable and I have witnessed late running even when there has been no problems on the A1.

Unfortunately there isn't alot that can not be done as going down the A1 can make it late but running different routes can also cause delays to the service all they could do is add extra running time to the service which would require extra buses to cover the service. It's not just the X88 that has this problem the X22 and X24 also have this problem and the worst thing about the X22 is it interworks with the 14 so it can be delayed too, the X24 doesn't have many problems if it arrives back in Durham late as it has a 34 minute layover before its next trip.

Sadly the roadworks are expected to last until March 2016 which sounds so depressing.

I think if the X88 was to operate between Washington Galleries and The Metrocentre only, then that would allow for 17 Minutes to be Built into the Timetable to assist with the Reliability of the Service, therefore allowing it to use the Route it took today without any issues with Lateness, To be fair nobody uses the X88 between Concord and Washington Galleries anyway, Passengers always use the more frequent Service 4 and swap over at The Galleries and I think it will only be a matter of time before it gets cut again anyway.

RE: Go North East: Upcoming Service Changes
Go North East: Latest News & Discussion
Go North East: Latest News & Discussion V2.0
RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion V2.0