You need to enable JavaScript to run this app.

Skip to main content

Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - January 2015

Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - January 2015

Site Administrator
RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion
(02 Jan 2015, 6:04 pm)MarcTheA4 wrote I know, I know.

Makes me wonder if the PB Scanias are cursed or something? - they seem to be wheely bad (that is the worst pun I have ever made!) for #VORs and #PVRshortages.

Yes, that pun was 'wheely bad' too!  Rolleyes

Honestly, it's just a misconception. It happens across the region but other examples aren't as heavily discussed. As another Go North East example, the PVR of the "Diamond" services is 14. The "Diamond" services have a PVR of 14 (two more than the present "Prince Bishops" 20/20A services), with no branded spare vehicles. Robert will gladly inform you of how many times 5337 and 5338 appear on the "Diamond" services...

On this forum, we tend to do subjects to death until we've all repeated the same points and explained the reasoning for our thoughts about 100 times. There are some strong personalities on this forum, and it's easy for others to make judgements in a debate based on that factor alone. I honestly don't think that some of the debates on this forum would escalate so much if this wasn't the case.

Members of this forum have different levels of experience of what life is like "behind the scenes" for bus companies, and I like to think that my work experience with Go North East in August really opened my eyes and makes me see the whole picture. The truth of the matter is that corporate liveried vehicles filling in on a branded service which does not have any branded spares does not suggest anything about the reliability (or lack thereof) of the vehicles allocated. Deep down, I think we all know this.

RE: Go North East: Upcoming Service Changes
Go North East: Latest News & Discussion
Go North East: Latest News & Discussion V2.0
RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion V2.0