You need to enable JavaScript to run this app.

Skip to main content

Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - January 2015

Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - January 2015

Site Administrator
RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion
(05 Jan 2015, 2:03 pm)Andreos1 wrote That's a good point.

Anyone in Boldon has the choice of operators, with some being conc pass holders (who aren't fussy) and those who do pay, possibly preferring to pay for the cheaper X34.
It would make sense to use the X34 and 100 if going to the Metrocentre too, rather than change at Gateshead

Interesting to see the X36 move to Market Street - not far at all from the X34 stop.
Maybe they are looking to pick up a few punters off Stagecoach?

Whether this is a common pattern I don't know, but I have noticed that on the very rare occasions I am in Boldon or on the 9/X36 - passengers seem to prefer the quicker 9 between Sunderland and Boldon.

As someone who uses the 9 and X36 frequently to travel between Monkwearmouth and Boldon, I do not think that there is a pattern.

To Sunderland, the difference is 5 minutes or less in journey time, meaning most customers do not care and simply opt for the first bus which comes. Obviously, those who live on the route of either and aren't travelling all the way back to Park Lane do have a preference in the route that they select...

Newcastle Road is closer to my house than the Stadium, so when travelling to Boldon, I tend to use the more frequent 9. Heading back home, I don't bother working out when I need to be back at the bus stop, as it ends up being six and two threes... I used to be pretty selective when travelling from Newcastle Rd to Park Lane and opted for the 9 whenever I could given that the journey time was shorter by a few minutes, but nowadays find it is not worth the hassle.

RE: Go North East: Upcoming Service Changes
Go North East: Latest News & Discussion
Go North East: Latest News & Discussion V2.0
RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion V2.0