You need to enable JavaScript to run this app.

Skip to main content

Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - January 2015

Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - January 2015

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion
(05 Jan 2015, 9:03 pm)Dan wrote Sorry -  I hadn't read your post in context to the "Fast Cats" X36 service, and I was speaking generally.
My point was that Go North East's day ticket prices are based on zones, due to the fact that their network of services cover such a large distance. Stagecoach can introduce a day ticket covering all of their operations at a fairly low price because it's impossible for customers to make use of Stagecoach's entire network in the North East. There are occasionally other tickets offered - route savers, town/city savers - which are cheaper than the comparable BuzzFare ticket. Arriva's pricing strategy is exactly the same.

It's unusual that there isn't some form of cheaper day ticket available in the X36's case. By taking a quick look at Go North East's website, their Sunderland and South Tyneside DaySavers are £3.50 - 30p cheaper than Stagecoach's similar offering. Clearly there are instances whereby Stagecoach's ticket is better value (E1/E2/E6 services - the Sunderland DaySaver would not be valid as far as South Shields), but in the large majority of cases, Go North East's DaySavers offer better value for more local town services where there is competition.

A return is £4.50 though - not £6.20.

RE: Go North East: Upcoming Service Changes
Go North East: Latest News & Discussion
Go North East: Latest News & Discussion V2.0
RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion V2.0