You need to enable JavaScript to run this app.

Skip to main content

Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - January 2015

Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - January 2015

Site Administrator
RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion
(09 Jan 2015, 9:21 pm)Dan wrote Between Durham and Bishop Auckland, I don't think anyone could argue against Arriva providing the superior service (and this is without the added 'sparkle' on service 6). The fares and frequencies between the two operators aren't competitive for a reason: the main purpose of service X21 is to link passengers from Bishop Auckland to Chester-le-Street and Newcastle, which is why this was the focus of my previous post.

You correctly quote that Go North East's "Pronto Saver" is £22.50/week. That allows travel all the way from Bishop Auckland to Newcastle, and includes the further four buses per hour from Durham to Newcastle that the "Angel" 21 service adds. Arriva's "North East All Zones" ticket costs £27.20/week, or £91.00/28 days.

I forgot about the 'Wear Valley Saver' being introduced in August 2013...

Wear Valley Saver - £13.00
Unlimited travel on Pronto X21 between Durham & Bishop Auckland and The OK Way 18 between Bishop & West Aucklands.

So even on the Bishop Auckland - Durham section, which is not the main focus of the route, Go North East's weekly ticket for this section of the route is £3.90 cheaper than Arriva's equivalent. The final X21 of the evening terminates at Bishop Auckland at 00:37am, but Arriva's 6 terminates at 23:12.

Don't think Go North East has much to worry about - with or without new buses...

RE: Go North East: Upcoming Service Changes
Go North East: Latest News & Discussion
Go North East: Latest News & Discussion V2.0
RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion V2.0